Monday, March 02, 2009

March Comes in Like a Lion...

I have been MIA from blogging lately because I've been doing lots of behind-the-scenes work and preparing for a very busy spring!

First, I am working on an exciting fundraising event for the school where I teach: Columbus Torah Academy. It's called the CTA Craftstravaganza and it is a juried, one-day marketplace for handmade goods to be held at my school on Sunday, April 26, 2009. At the Craftstravaganza, we plan to have over 20 vendors selling handmade jewelry, artwork, bath & body products, paper goods, baby items, plush, items for the home, clothing, purses, Judaica and more!

Proceeds from this event will benefit Columbus Torah Academy.

If you're reading this and wondering how you can apply to be a vendor, make sure to visit the Craftstravaganza website where you'll find all the details, as well as the print & mail application form. We will be accepting applications until March 15th.

I am also working on the exhibitions committee for AGORA 6, to be held at Junctionview Studios on May 16. This AGORA will prove to be bigger this time around, with outdoor performances, indie craft vendors, and of course, lots of art!

And my art show at Haiku in the Short North is fast approaching! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but luckily I have some amazing friends who are willing to give me advice and help me work on my concepts. I really want to show all new work, so now it's definitely crunch time.

I also just found out that I'll be presenting my work at the next Columbus Pecha-Kucha, which will actually be on my birthday (May 21)! So make sure to check back for more info on that, as well as some sneak peeks of what I'm working on for my upcoming show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I wish I had known about this earlier. My sister and I would have loved to apply.
Maybe next time.
I'm marking my calendar for April 26 '09 and saving up my spare change. :)