Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Years Resolution Fail

One of my New Years resolutions was to be a more active blogger. And since my last post was about a month and a half ago, you can see how good I've been about keeping that up. Oh well.

The good news is that the reason I haven't been blogging so much is because I'm just so busy! Between teaching, crafting, friends, and trying to have a social life, there just hasn't been much time for the blog. It's been on my "to do" list for several weeks. Whoops.

So, here's what I've been up to for the past 6 weeks:

COUCHFIRE COLLECTIVE
In January, I was excited to become a member of the Couchfire Collective, a local group of creative folks whose mission it is to promote the arts in Columbus. Couchfire organizes many exciting events throughout the year, including Agora and Independents' Day. This year, Couchfire is planning several new events, like FEAST - an evening of dinner and artist grant proposals, and A-Holes - a weekend of artist-designed miniature golf holes.

SWEET STELLA ON TWITTER
I decided that in 2010, I should join the Twitterverse - so far it's been fun! If you're a Twitter user, please follow me - I'm SweetStellaOH!

UPCOMING AND ONGOING EVENTS
Touchy Feely
February 26 - 27, 2010
Reception: Saturday, February 27, 6-10 pm
Ohio Art League Gallery, 1552 N. High St. Columbus OH
This show, presented by the Couchfire Collective, e
ncourages hands-on participation with the artwork. I will be showing an interactive art piece for those with a sweet tooth!
RSVP on Facebook HERE.


Art Makes Noise: A Show for Artists, Musicians, and Music Lovers
Saturday, February 27, 2010
8 pm - midnight $5 cover
Junctionview Studios, 889 Williams Ave. Grandview Heights, OH
One night only! Bands, art, and more. Check out my piece in the show - perfect for lovers of concert ticket stubs.
RSVP on Facebook HERE.


Columbus Music Co-op + Relay Records CD Release Show #2
Sunday, February 28, 2010
1 - 5 pm in the North Market Test Kitchen ($5 suggested donation at the door)
59 Spruce St. Columbus OH
I will be a vendor at this event (along with other local favorites like What the Rock?!, AmyD, and Wholly Craft). Stick around to hear music from local bands Flotation Walls, Time & Temperature, Jordan Martin, and Dan & Sean from Bookmobile.
RSVP on Facebook HERE.

A SHOW OF STUDENT WORK
You, Me, & We: Investigating Identity
Artwork by students from Columbus Torah Academy, Grades K-5
March 4 - 25, 2010
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Carnegie Gallery in the Main Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library (2nd Floor)
96 S. Grant Ave. Columbus, OH 43215
The artworks in this exhibition reflect students' perceptions of themselves and reflect all of the wonderful personalities in Grades K-5 at Columbus Torah Academy.
RSVP on Facebook HERE.

LOOKING AHEAD
I have a show of my work coming up in the month of April at Wholly Craft! in Clintonville. More details about the opening reception (and some shnazzy window displays) coming soon.

No comments: