Monday, March 15, 2010

Sweets Galore

Tuesday, March 23rd is the Cakes For A Cause auction to benefit the Mid-Ohio Food Bank. The basic idea of the event is that bakeries and bakers donate scrumptious sweet treats to be auctioned off. The cost of a ticket to the event is $21, which will provide one week's worth of meals to a person.

I'm not a baker of edible treats - but I am a "baker" of sorts! I whipped up this pretty cake necklace to be auctioned off at the event. It sits on a real porcelain plate and comes with a silver-plated chain.






Last month, I created some custom clay cupcakes for Kiesha - blogger and baker extraordinaire who wanted a bracelet bearing some of her home-made treats showcased on her 52 Weeks of Baking blog. She had some really kind words to say about my designs on her new blog, The Brooklyn Baker.



I also made a custom charm bracelet for an awesome 13-year old girl from Las Vegas. Her friends probably squealed when they saw this adorable charm bracelet. She'll definitely be the only one at school wearing one of these!

No comments: