Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Best Brand Without A Storefront!


A few months ago, I was perusing the Columbus Alive's "Best of Columbus" voting section online - it's a survey that lets readers vote on the best things about our city - from nightlife to shopping to food. I was glancing through the "shopping" section to see if anyone I know was nominated (I'm lucky to know so many creative and talented folks with independent, entrepreneurial spirits!), and then I saw it.
The "Best Brand Without A Storefront" category.
Stinkybomb Soap was nominated. My friend Megan makes amazing hand-poured soaps in all kinds of fun molds!
Poshta Stationery & Design was nominated. Another friend, Liz, designs greeting cards, notecards, buttons and many other types of paper-related goodies.

And then I looked at the next name: Sweet Stella Designs! Holy crap! I was nominated for a Best of Columbus award! I found out from the survey even before I received the official email about my nomination later that day.

So, of course, I asked my friends and family and co-workers to vote for me. Only one vote per IP address was allowed - and I wasn't sure I was going to win because, in all honesty, I was up against some pretty awesome competitors. I wasn't going to mind too much if I didn't win, as long as one of my crafty friends did.

After the voting closed at the beginning of March, it was time to play the waiting game. And then I got that coveted email - I WON!! But I had to keep it a secret until the Best of Columbus issue came out at the end of March.

You can read the little blurb from the Alive here.

And here is my little plaque - I guess I get bragging rights now?!

Big thanks to everyone who voted for me! It's so nice to feel loved.

No comments: