Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sugarcraft Goodness and Summer Fun!

I have been so busy lately getting my work ready for some awesome upcoming shows. The first of which is SugarCraft, a show in Chicago curated by Wynter Whiteside.
From the SugarCraft website:
SC
is an international exhibit including works by over 50 artists, specially selected from all over the world. The exhibit focuses on the theme of indulgence in the arts while representing the contemporary adoption of DIY practices as a response to mass production and consumption, as well as the fading line between contemporary fine art and fine craft. Casual viewers and art connoisseurs alike are invited to engage with both established and emerging artists.

My collage, "To Meditate on the Goodness of Sweets (Cookie Mandala)" is going to be a part of the show!

Some of my "Tiny Treats" jewelry designs will be included in the SC gift shop, aptly named "The Candy Shoppe". I made many tasty and cute little items, ranging from cookies to sno-cones!

If you're in the Chicago area, make sure to check out SugarCraft at Kasia Kay Art Projects (1044 W. Fulton Market St. Chicago, IL 60607).
Dates: June 27th- August 9th, 2008
Opening Reception: Friday, June 27th 6-9pm

****
It's been awesome having RT in town! Last night, we hung out at Surly Girl for a while and met up with Patrice and JG. Then, we headed over to Tip Top to watch The Goonies, powered by the P2 Cycle, a bicycle-powered generator! It was a great time, I forgot how much I love The Goonies!
If you're curious about the P2 (the model used around Columbus was built by Nathan Ober), check out the video below.

2 comments:

takewrning said...

I would like to think that your evening was enhanced by my presence, but alas, no meantion. :-p

I LOVE the treats packaging!

Unknown said...

Editing...