Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Found A Gem!

While perusing Etsy, I stumbled upon a photo of this vintage pot from seller 13bees that looked amazingly familiar. 


To check out this sunny vintage pot, visit 13bees.etsy.com

Then, I realized that this was the very same enameled cookware that my parents had in their house for the first 15 years of my life. They received a whole set as a wedding present in 1972. I never knew that it had a special designer or a specific pattern name, but it's by Cathrineholm and called Yellow Lotus. 

I had an "a-ha" moment, and after some digging around in my cupboard, pulled out the last remaining piece in the set, which I inherited in college and stashed away when I purchased my new set of pots & pans. I decided not to cook with it anymore because it really is heavy! 

Here is my vintage Cathrineholm Yellow Lotus pot! Should I sell it or keep it for its retro cool?

I was surprised to see how much these pieces sell for on Ebay and Etsy. It's funny to think of them as collectibles now since they were just average pots & pans in my house when I was growing up. 

Read more about Cathrineholm cookware here:

No comments: